Saturday, December 22, 2012

Make a Sparkly Christmas Ornament

I'm done moving and I haven't found my Christmas decorations. It seemed odd to miss the chance to decorate my new home for Christmas. I recently cleaned out a storage unit and found some craft supplies I hadn't seen in 15 years. I found these sparkly chenille stems and some styrofoam balls, so I took one ball and made this simple ornament.  I think you could do it with your kids. All you need is some wire cutters. Cut each piece a bit longer than  halfway around the ball and push one end into the top and one end into the bottom. Keep going until it's about 90% full of colorful chenille stems.  Then use some of the smaller bits left from cutting and push those into any areas that aren't quite covered.
I used a b.b.q. skewer to make a hole to put the hanger through. You could also use a yarn needle. It took about an hour to make this one.
Happy holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment