Friday, March 9, 2012

Funny Little Drawings

Today I was putting some tools in the file cabinet and lo and behold I found a sketchbook from 1986.  And in it I found a drawing my daughter did when she was 4 1/2 that I can use for my first stuffy. Next to it she drew a house and that will make a great stuffy as well. I want to surprise her so I won't show you just yet what it looks like.  She has a birthday coming up in May so hopefully I'll have it ready by then.

There were also some belly dancers that she drew when she was 8.  For such a young age, she has an amazing amount of detail in there.  One is of a dancer on a rug doing a sword dance with an audience all around her and stage lights above. I didn't even know my daughter was that interested in belly dancing when she was 8, but her 3 drawings of belly dancers say otherwise.

So parents, let your kids catch you drawing and I just bet they'll want to draw too. Now my daughter is about to turn 30 and she has a degree in art and design from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment